September 23, 2007

Art Quilts XII: Current

I am very honored to be included among the many distinguished artists in this exhibition at the Chandler Center for the Arts in Chandler, Arizona. If anyone is the area (wish I was) the opening reception is Friday, October 12th from 7 to 9PM. This is my quilt, Derevnya-Russian Fairytale Village 2, which has been accepted into this exhibit. It is all packed and ready to go tomorrow morning.

I have been neglecting to scan in my journal quilts for the past few weeks, so I thought I'd catch up now. Here are last four weeks and that brings me up to date. 35/52 36/52
These two were sketched with free-hand machine embroidery and then rubbed with Shiva Paintstiks®. 37/52
This one was my first attempt at punch-needle embroidery done while I was in the green room at Quilting Arts TV. The 3 journal quilts above are my tentative forays into imagery from Russian Orthodox icons that I would like to use more in my work. 38/52
This a piece that just begged for some free-hand machine embroidery, it's a dyed and painted silk noil by moi.

And a sneak peek at the Journal Quilt headed to the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas for the Journal Quilt Project. I am not allowed to share this until it is seen at the festival, so this is just a tease.
But I am very happy with it and plan to continue working on this imagery.

No comments: