November 20, 2007

between a rock and a feather

My blogless (hopefully not for long) friend Vivien and I participated in a little challenge between ourselves this month. We each gave the other a found object and had incorporate both those objects into a quilt bigger that six inches square. Vivien found two feathers and I brought two rocks. The results are quite different for each of us and we are both happy with them too.

Vivien chose to trap the feather between sheets of clear plastic which made it difficult to photograph, but it looked great. Her work is very bold and strong. I love her fabric choices.
My rock and feather are obscured by rust dyed chiffon, it turned out to be a rather abstract work after I got done painting with Shiva Paintstiks®.

2 comments:

Denise Aumick said...

These works look great! I especially like your feather abstract. I think it's really eye catching.

Elis Cooke said...

These 2 pieces are stunning... in very different ways! I think your challenge idea is a great one and am thinking to steal it and challenge a friend too! Thanks so much for the inspiration! namaste Elis.