December 23, 2007

journal quilt

I kept with the wintry spirit for this weeks journal quilt 51/52. It is a dye-catcher sheet stained light blue in the wash, it actually caught the dye as it was meant to do. With white silk thread I free-hand machine embroidered the snowflakes, and then with blue metallic thread I stitched the circles. Very simple... Only one more journal quilt to go for 2007! Unbelievable that the year blew by so quickly... I've got my ideas pretty set for the journal quilts of 2008, I will share those very soon. I am also putting together all my journal quilts on one page, it is interesting to see how the all relate to each other. I will share that very soon too...

Merry merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

Your quilt is much prettier than it is outside! I like that you only quilted the circles only in parts of the quilt -- not all over the background. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Hi Natalya, thanks for your comment on my blog, so I can come here look at your beautiful art again! And NYC christmas looks enchanting...
I love the soft colours of this piece, it is very beautiful and perfectly express ice and snow and winter and cold and also nature sleeping:)
Have a wonderful time
Andrea