January 26, 2008

journal quilt

I am ahead of schedule on my journal this week, here is 4{52}вздох/vzdoh, which means "breathe in"... More paper towels, organza, netting and a paper ribbon. Rayon embroidery thread and silk thread. Glued, free-hand machine embroidered, hand stitched.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I made all four of this months journals look similar. It's a new rule that I added for myself for this years journals - work in a mini-series each month. One of the ways I'd like to accomplish that is working with the same materials during the month and see how many different ways I can put them together and not look dull.. So here is this months series..

5 comments:

Annica said...

Love all four of them! Great idea to make a series every month.

Anonymous said...

very cool, Natalya.
And congrats on the new feature in the new Quilting Arts.

sukipoet said...

these are gorgeous. The colors too seem to reflect each other. Also, re: previous post, what a lovely idea to make a collage/quilt with your friend. Interesting to see how differently you both interpreted the same two items.

FARBTUPFER said...

Wonderful pieces, a good idea!

Vivien Zepf said...

I think it's cool that this piece has a Russian word. It makes for an interesting twist in the series -- which is great, by the way.