April 11, 2008

belated journal

Here's last weeks journal 14{52}humbled. It is belated because of my travels to Philly and the word "humbled" is used because that is how I feel after my travels to Philly...

For materials I used a particularly delicious piece of dryer lint that showed up during last weeks laundry marathon. I layered it between a dryer sheet and some netting; and hand stitched a loose grid with a multicolor cotton thread. The letters were embroidered with the same thread and then outlined with black thread.

2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

You clearly have much cooler laundry than we do; we never have such interesting lint. I don't know how you manage to create such beautiful art with such humble supplies.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.