March 19, 2009

time to do good!

Fiberart For A Cause will hold its fifth Invitational Reverse
Auction from March 24-26, 2009. The Preview opens today!

Natalya Aikens (me!), Gerrie Congdon, Marjorie DeQuincy, Rayna
Gillman, Carol Larson, Linda Teddlie Minton, Susie Monday, Judy Coates
Perez, Leandra Spangler and Roxane Stoner have all donated their artwork.

All proceeds from the sales go directly to the American Cancer Society.


All artwork will begin at a fixed minimum donation. This minimum donation is
reduced by a fixed (and very generous) percentage of the original minimum
donation each day until the artwork is chosen by a generous patron.

“Having lost my husband to cancer nine years ago, I wanted to make some
small contribution to something that is so close to my own heart, as well as

a joyful way to remember my husband and other friends and relatives who have
fought this disease. Since fiber art is both my vocation and my avocation,
this seemed a perfect match for me. I was honored to be asked to contribute
to the Invitational Reverse Auction, and delighted to accept,” said Linda
Teddlie Minton.

Fiberart For A Cause has now donated more than $165,000 to the American
Cancer Society in the last four years and was the second highest national

fundraiser for the 2007 American Cancer Society Cancer’s Relay for Life.

For more information on Invitational Reverse Auction and Fiberart For A
Cause, contact Virginia Spiegel.

Please help support this wonderful cause! My piece Okno V Dom/Window Into the Home 2, which is on the cover of Quilting Arts 2009 Calendar, will be auctioned off. I am honored to be asked to contribute to this prestigious auction....

No comments: