April 11, 2009

journal sketches

So I have been on this handwriting kick for my journal sketches as you can see... 4-7-09 Still in Russian, and then I took inspiration from a daily calendar I have, for a few days, and still wrote some more in Russian. 4-8-09 4-9-09 and 4-11-09 today I decided to torture some paper in a collage and watercolor and crayon chamber... it looks better this small then in real life.

Then I thought I'd see if I can use my sketches from art camp in fiber. This is what I have so far, we'll see where it goes.
Now I need to go color some eggs or something, our Easter is next Sunday...

2 comments:

sukipoet said...

i really like your use of writing in russian here. Esp the ones with various colors which gives the effect of depth

Vivien Zepf said...

I agree! I'm also partial to your pieces with the big Russian writing in different colors (the 2nd and 3rd pieces).