October 21, 2010

several random events

Keeping busy happens easily around here... so here's a wrap up of several random, inspirational, creative, interesting, amusing things to share in order of their appearance in my life...
Creative is an excellent word to describe my friend Jane, it might not even be enough of a word as she is just ooozing creativity. She had a solo exhibit that just closed and Vivien and I got to see it just in the nick of time. We are very sorry to have missed the opening, but really enjoyed the exhibit all to ourselves one Thursday morning. (Gotta love a gallery that opens at 8:30A!!) While at the gallery, which is on a school campus, we peeked into the studio space behind it. Brought me right back to my art school days...The required studio class where you were forced to be from 9A to 4P and draw draw draw...How I wish I was forced to do that now! I would have loved to have worked on this paper bag drawing project.

This past weekend my friend Irene told me about an antique quilt exhibit nearby. It was such a beautiful day, the girls and I just had to meet her there. It was a lovely exhibit of exquisite quilts, it's up till the end of the month if anyone would like to see it.

Tuesday I had a grand time traipsing my old stomping grounds in the Garment district in NYC. I came with a mission in mind - Russian school play costumes needed some special fabrics. I found some, but must go back for more fabrics and inspiration soon... just try and hold me back! I love those NYC canyons...

3 comments:

jane dávila said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to see the show! Wasn't that classroom space to die for? There were some students working on projects in there during the opening and I kept going back to talk to them and hang out. Gorgeous campus and the gallery space was really lovely. :)

jane

Lynn Cohen said...

Always always fun to come here and see what you are SEEING and Doing and making!!! Hope we get to see the finished costumes.

Vivien Zepf said...

Yes, Yes! I must post about Jane's exhibit .... if only I could find my camera. But I agree; it was a wonderful show and the gallery's look was a perfect fit for Jane's lovely artwork.