May 31, 2011

permission to quit

Granted.

Remember April? Yep, the month before May. Remember my daily discharge project for April? I just finished it. I hate to leave things unfinished. I feel like I cannot move on to the next thing until the first thing is done. I do not have too many UFO's precisely for that reason. Not everything I finish is worth showing to the world, but at least it's finished. And now I finished the April discharge. And I am sharing it with you. I enjoyed the unpredictability of bleach discharge, I did not enjoy the chemicals... But I am glad I experimented, learned what I did enjoy and did not enjoy. I got it out of my system. So above is the April discharge collage and below is one of my favorite results.
Want to know what else I finished? The daily journal project for 2011. Yep. Actually what I did is I gave myself permission to quit. I had a hard time finishing April due to family obligations and teaching commitments and in the interim I have lost the "need", the "drive" to finish this project. I wanted to be doing several other different projects that are burning in my head, but I could not get going on them because of this ridiculous desire to not leave things unfinished. So I made a deal with myself - finish April and then I could quit. So - I quit. There will be no May or June. I will work on what is exciting to me now. Maybe there will a July or August, maybe not. I'll let you know.
~Happy creating!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

It's important to know when to let go.