June 09, 2014

oh the treasures!

I received a few treasures in the mail recently. Technically they are not for me, they are for the new home portrait commission that I just started working on. I'm calling this one Buckingham Road. And here's what I have to work with:
wedding veil, sheet music and a passport page
a piece of vintage embroidery, sentimental tweed and twigs
a few bold brights
simple yet sophisticated upholstery fabrics
clear prints, textural weaves
I'm loving the angle shot of the house
the front is great with that white picket fence
oh and the rhodies! I might be forced to embroider those!
I am playing with my layout options and planning the hand stitching. Will share the developments soon!

2 comments:

Karen L R said...

ohhhhh...

can't wait for details, love your house portraits!

Vicki Miller said...

I am sure this will be fantastic! Looking forward to seeing it progress