February 27, 2015

a tiny update

I have started hand stitching on Spruce street, the latest home portrait. This is going to be a long long process. First because hand stitching just takes a long time, and second because I have chosen to do some very specific stitches to cover the entire surface of a certain area and well..... I never seem to accomplish as many as I thought I would in any given time frame. So just please bear with me....

Here are a few close ups of a few things I have done..
the front door has been marked
see those x's on the roof?
I intend to cover the whole roof with those x's....
So you see what I have gotten myself into?? I'll be back after a few 1000 x's...... ooommmmm........

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's looking great so far. At least you have time to think while doing long slow stitching sessions.

Vivien Zepf said...

LOVE!!!

Gail Ellspermann said...

Love watching it develop...so exciting to see your process and learn your thoughts as you go!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That's going to be stunning on completion!