April 24, 2017

shadow play

Sometimes, and only sometimes, I get frustrated with the pace of my art making. Just like anyone else I occasionally like the joy of instant gratification. And I can't have it with my techniques. Which is what I love about them.

What is really helpful in times like these is an infusion of inspiration. And I just happened upon such an infusion this Saturday. Thank goodness I managed to carve out time out of a busy day! I came back invigorated and ready to work!

If you are in NY tristate area and can carve out some time this week - go see what I saw! Browngrotta Arts is having their 30th (!) anniversary exhibition for 10 days only, which means it's closing April 30th.

I loved all the art that I saw, but I was truly fascinated by the shadows some of the art made. So I share with you a few photos of art closeups and a few of the shadows they made.
Southern Crossing Six by Kiyomi Iwata

Fuhkyoh by Tsuruko Tanikawa

Folded Form I by Jin Sook So

Lucent by Jennifer Falck Linssen

Relief by Jane Balsgaard

Fog Break by Mary Giles

Cactus by Tamiko Kawata

Retournement en cours I by Stephanie Jacques

Tube Waves by Marianne Kemp

Tunnel of Remembrance by Lilla Kulka
Run! Don't walk to see this exhibition! (yes I bought the catalogue!)

1 comment:

Giddings Art said...

I love the shadows!! I wish I lived close enough to see the exhibition.