October 22, 2007

pay it forward

As I was browsing Planet Textile Threads yesterday I saw something interesting - Pay It Forward. First I thought of the movie by that name a few years ago, which I wasn't too excited about. But this concept intrigues me, so I am game.

I will send a handmade gift to the first three people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don't know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise. The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on you blog.

I joined PIF after visiting Annica's blog and coveting her lovely embroideries.

The image above is a tease... I am working on the second piece in my Russian Paganism series (the first was my journal quilt for Houston which I will reveal on Nov. 1st hopefully) and it's moving along finally. I feel the need to get it done soonish because I have a few other ideas burning holes in me trying to get out...

3 comments:

emmochkab said...

Privyet, Natalya!

Kakaya krasota! Your work is simply gorgeous...I am especially interested to learn more about your upcoming pieces exploring pagan themes...the idea is very intriguing. I especially love the okno i okoshki. The beautifully decorated windows are so evocative of the Russian countryside and magical fairy tales - and yet, the inviting window also has such broad/universal appeal. It takes us all "home," no matter where we are from. Fabulous. I look forward to seeing more!

-Emily Harrington

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

Spasibo Emmochka!

Unknown said...

I'd love a piece of your work and will put a PIF on my blog soon