January 01, 2008

happy new year!

May it be joyful, healthy, peaceful and creative!
For this first of the new year I wanted to share a few inspirational pictures from our annual New Years Trip. Can you guess where we were?
Yep Boston, Mass... I just loved how this colorful little building stuck it out among the gray giants...

It was a lovely, not too cold, four day weekend with no everyday stress... just hanging out, sleeping in, shopping, skating at Frog Pond, going out to dinners and lunches and most of all catching up with friends and family.

These images of night time light really captured my attention on the trip.
The first is a spiral of clay shapes near Frog Pond on New Years Eve . The clay ball shapes were filled with charcoal and were burning through the night to signify many things such as endings/beginnings, the cosmos, emerging/dying... it was all cool and very mystical, and I'll have to do some googling to find out more information about this art display and the people behind it... and the other three were taken at the restaurants we dined in and I just loved the fixtures and the way they diffused the light.. and the view of the bare branches through the window..

Oh! And the bonus part of my trip was running into none other than Pokey Bolton editor-in-chief of Quilting Arts Magazine out shopping with her cute husband John (publisher of the magazine). It's a small world!

And I just wanted to say thank you to Annica for giving me a "Make My Day" award. Very cool honor! And now I have to nominate 10 others... hmmm... well, here are ten people whose blogs I visit frequently and I know that I am guaranteed to find inspiration when I visit whether through pictures or words... Jane, Deb, 3191, Kristin, Jeanne, Vyala, Elis, Beate, Virginia, Tracy
Thank you...

3 comments:

Deb R said...

Aw, thank you, Natalya!

Your photos are beautiful.

PaMdora said...

It seems so much more romantic to be in a big city for New Year's Eve. Glad you to see you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Natalya - Thank you for the Make My Day award. Your photos made my day.
Warm regards, Virginia
http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/blog/