September 28, 2008

journal and september

Here is 39{52} my journal for this week. The final in the "simple" series.. Hmmmm how did I do? I think it was a good exercise for me, I cannot say that I am too thrilled with the results. Maybe if I had used dynamic colors I would have done better for me. Maybe this is something to explore in another project or another journal series. Here's a look at the whole September series together.I think that for the next month I will concentrate on using scraps left left over from all the journals so far this year. I had been keeping all the teeny bits together and now have decided that this will a good journal exercise for October.

4 comments:

Kristin L said...

I think you did great! You may not feel these are finished works in themselves, but I think you can use them as "sketches" for more pieces in the future when you need a simple jumping off point.

my croft said...

I'm not sure that this is how "simple" wants to come out of your fingers. I did quite sincerely think that the "evidence" post with the little windows (Sept 18th) was more authentically Natalya-simple.

I like the compositions, but I agree that the palette isn't "you." Maybe explore what "simple" means when rendered in hot pink and sunshine yellow...?

sukipoet said...

these simple four seem more formal in shapes than your other pieces. As if you felt simple also meant straight lines. I like the four together though. They offer contrasts to your other journal quilts.

Vivien Zepf said...

I think these have elements of your style: recycled cloth, some lovely stitching (especially the last one -- looks like a topographical map to me). They are more linear than most of your journals. They look good together as a group and it will be interesting to see how they fit with the others you've made. Can't wait to see the next bunch!