June 06, 2009

costumes!

Better late then never, right? Remember when I talked about making costumes for the Russian School play, back in December? Probably not as I never posted pictures.. Well my friend Katya has finally sent great pictures so that I can share with everyone. The story is Moidodir/Мойдодыр, which literally translated means Wash-Until-There's-Holes... but basically it is a story of a boy that doesn't like to wash and how all his things run away from him and he is told to wash up by a washstand and a crocodile. Here's an old cartoon for your viewing pleasure so you can get the gist of the story. And here are pictures of costumes that I created with the help of some friends. It was a lot of fun and hard work and totally worth it all!

2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

It all looks incredible on stage! I'm still in awe of the wash basin costume.

PaMdora said...

These costumes are so great -- Halloween must be a lot of fun around your house.