August 05, 2011

easing in...

front view
I am back in the studio, slowly starting to create after a month away. Feeling pretty good so far! Yesterday afternoon I made these three "spirit flags". They are for an exhibit in September by FANE, a group of art quilters that I belong to, headed by our fearless Jane Davila
back view
Just some painted used dryer sheets, lightly hand stitched and machine embroidered with ghostly window images. 
Next up: a baby blanket! Put together yesterday, pinned in place today, to be stitched tomorrow! 

4 comments:

Kristin L said...

I like the white -- a more delicate variation to your usual black (not that there's anything wrong with the black).

Vivien Zepf said...

Love them! Wish I could get close and see how you made the different thickness of line. Looks very cool

Christine Staver said...

Nice to see some windows (portals). Boy am I glad the I took your class on Quilters Keep Learning several years ago because I don't think they exist any more. Good thing I took the class when I did!

sukipoet said...

wonderful spirit flags. the dryer sheets give the flags such an etherial and delicate look. I may copy the idea to make prayer flags. i just used two of the dryer sheets you sent me on a wall hanging i made. thanks.