December 05, 2011

atelier

My studio is slowly turning into an atelier... It's Russian school Christmas play costume time once again! I don't have anything to show for my labors yet, except the mess in my studio....

The story this year is "12 months" based on a story by Samuil Marshak, it's very difficult to find the English version of this online. Here's one version and here's another. Piece them together and you'll have one resembling ours.
Three of the 12 months (December, January and February)

 
The young bratty queen.

The good soldier.


The good stepdaughter.


4 comments:

Kristin L said...

Oooh, sparkly! I especially like the snowy winder months.

Kristin L said...

That's winTer months. ;-)

Vivien Zepf said...

Love the "live action fabric" shots... and the illustrations, too!

Bozena Wojtaszek said...

It is my favorite tale! But never knew the name of author, thanks for this!
And good luck with the costumes :)