December 17, 2012

and the winner is.....

Ingrid! Happy birthday! And thanks for playing!
names printed and rolled up before my child picked out the winner
a finished detail
another finished detail
sneak peek at an edge
 And finally the reveal!
St. Pete Window 27 by Natalya Aikens©2012
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in my little contest and wished me a happy birthday as well as letting me know how my art made them feel. By an amazing stroke of luck the winner is also celebrating her birthday today and I've known her since high school. How cool is that?!
I'll be sharing a few of my favorite mood descriptions in future posts.Thanks so much everyone!

4 comments:

Kristin L said...

Happy Birthday to both you and Ingrid! :-) St Pete Window 27 is quite lovely too. I like how your stitches are getting more and more textural and impressionistic. The treatment on the sides is pretty darn cool too.

Vivien Zepf said...

Yay to Ingrid and Happy Birthday cubed. This piece is amazing and I agree with Kristin that the edge treatment is pretty darn cool!

Lynn Cohen said...

What a lovely, lovely piece...you know how much I adore your stitches...so glad it went to one you have known so long. I am sure she has appreciated your art just as long. ;-)

KrisR said...

It turned out beautiful. Lucky Ingrid!

Just saw your work in Art Quilting Studio - that is gorgeous also.