December 04, 2012

lacey stuff

...is on my design wall. It's been there for a about a month or so, if you're my fan on Facebook you might have seen a few snippets of it. It is the next piece to follow City Love Affair 1 and City Love Affair 2. My grandmothers linen kitchen towels are the base and various vintage and not so vintage lace ribbons and bits and pieces are the architectural details. Right now I am just working on the layout, not quite sure yet what kind of stitching will take place after. I figure the piece will tell me. Oh and there is a second and a third that are on my wall too, but they have much less done on them, nothing to share just yet. So enjoy a few pictures of come to be adorned lacey bits and pieces...




3 comments:

Paula Kovarik said...

I love vintage elements. And, this will sound weird...I like the way the pins are in the fabrics too. there is a sense of action there.

Kristin L said...

You have all the best lace bits! I look forward to seeing more of what you are building. :-)

Jeannie said...

I also like the energy the pins add to this piece. What a fabulous way to use your antique linens. I have my Great Grandmother's towels with her embroidery on them. I have them in my sewing room now, but doing something with them is inspired! Wishing you a creative weekend.