June 20, 2014

moving along

It's much fun to play with something different. It's part of the reason why I enjoy working on my home portraits so much, nothing comes from my stash of fabrics or art materials. I get to play with other peoples stash! I love discovering the tastes of the home owner through the materials provided.

So here's what I've done so far with the progress on Buckingham Road:
I made an outline sketch on tracing paper to audition the choices
and instantly chose my base fabric!  it just wanted to be it.
I laid out many options of combinations of materials and this is what I settled on.
started trimming thing to size and adding the wedding tulle for more depth
put things into their places
finalized the gardens
I decided to make the bushes rather mod at this point
and you didn't think I would skip on the plastic, did you? these fronds are a perfect suggestion for trees
lastly I chose the thread for the outline stitching
Hopefully this weekend I'll finish the outline stitching and be able to get to the really juicy part: the hand-stitching! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This process is so delightful to witness! And I love those mod bushes! - Jessica

Karen L R said...

Love following your process, you are so generous to share!