February 01, 2008

brrr....hello february...

Nasty today on the East Coast... ice storm this morning.... brrr.... but none the less it's been a good day so far. I started off with a good visit with one of my very good friends, even if I had to drive over mountainous icy roads to get to her. Well worth the visit, so nice to hang out with an old friend that I've been close to since we were twelve, surrounded by her three kids and one of mine. Bittersweet though, as she became a widow this Thanksgiving, and the heart still aches... I know mine still does, I can only imagine hers...
~ did everyone get the latest issue of Quilting Arts magazine? My journals quilts are in it! Very exciting to be published once again. Check it out! Mine is the "Go Green" article on page 72, and do enter the challenge too. I can't wait to see the results of that one...I have been back at work on my pagan quilt, she demanded some hand stitching. So I have been at it for hours now, but I am relentless, I must get this done... I have so much new stuff brewing in my head, but I can't get started on it until this is done...

7 comments:

Lisa Call said...

Congratulations on the publication!

Kristin L said...

Congratulations. I DID get my issue :-). Your green peek here looks very interesting...

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

Thank you!

Vivien Zepf said...

Can't wait to see your pagan goddess when she's complete. And, congratulations on your article and the challenge!

Cathie said...

I saw them. You must be so excited. Your work is amazing (particularly your Goddess) and I will be back to check it out now that I have found you.

gunnelsvensson said...

Congratulations! I just found your blog through my friend Annica´s blog, and I have just read about your "Go green" in Quilting Arts, and decided me for ta take the challenge!

maggiegracecreates said...

I found your place here from the magazine. I recycle - repurpose - reuse as much as I can and have been in stash busting mode for over a year.

I have never contacted an artist because of an article, but this is a special article for me.

I will be entering an art quilt in this challenge. I love your work in the article and as I have time I will be back to learn more about your work from the archives here.

Have a wonderful day -- teresa atkinson