June 27, 2008

journal and june

This weeks journal is ready a bit early, 26{52} is the last piece in the June series. All using the same ingredients, so to speak, I think that's why they all look like a series. And I must say I am quite happy with the abstractedness (I know, making up words here) of this series... Oh yes the ingredients were: brown paper, purple onion netting, vintage brocade, upholstery fabric, tissue paper, yellow acrylic paint, variegated gray cotton thread, cream cotton thread. The activities were: free-hand machine embroidery, hand stitching, painting and a bit of gluing with matte medium.

4 comments:

Kristin L said...

This is definitely my favorite. It has a definite composition and I like the way the elements appear and disappear in the sections.

Vivien Zepf said...

I also like this one best. There's a lot going on (without the piece feeling crowded) and I like the ragged edges in the middle. Very nice.

sukipoet said...

These look so well together. The colors are great, bright and cheerful. I like to see how your monthly theme evolves and comes together in the end. Do you pre-think these or do they just get created in the moment as a response to the materials.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

thanks for the positive feedback ladies! ..and Suki I don't pre-think these, I just let it happen...