November 30, 2009

creative everyday.. a recap..

So that plan of posting everyday during November? Boy can a holiday weekend wreck that.... Although I must admit to have wrecked it even earlier than that..

Well, yes, a recap! It was good to be more attentive to being creative everyday, especially at this point in the year where my daily journaling as sort taken a backseat d
ue my familiarity with it. I have actually been working on my journal sketches daily this month, unlike October when I frequently made up for several days at once. I went back to watercolors in order to keep the glue of my temporarily manicured fingernails. Of course I still have today's sketch to do, but that's OK, I still have quite a few hours in the day to squeeze that in!Ever since my previous post on my friends wedding in Central Park (when I neglected to take a picture of the bride's totally fabulous shoes!!) the days have been a whirlwind of family and friends and comings and goings. Just as a Thanksgiving weekend should be, right? We had my niece's Christening on Thanksgiving day. What a precious little being she is! My friend Katya painted an icon of her saint that I neglected to photograph, sorry. My parents were here, are still here, for a long weekend, so there was time to be spent with Babushka and Dedushka for my girls. And Sunday we managed to see my niece/Goddaughter again for her first communion, yes we do things a bit differently in Russian Orthodoxy. And despite all that I have finished off a 3D little art project too. That's the blue detail you see above. I started working on a tutorial that I'll have to keep secret for just a bit longer. And from now till the end of January I must concentrate on the Russian School Christmas play costumes. The play isn't till the 24th of January, which is why it keeps going on my artistic back burner...

5 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

I do love those colorful pages!! Glad you had a good holiday.

Lynn Cohen said...

Such brilliant color...wonder what paint you use to get it?

Love reading about your religious postings.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Congrats for making it through Art Every Day Month. I picture all of us celebrating in our own, unique art and heart filled ways. Brava, us!

Leah said...

oo, so much color and beauty. you've been up to great stuff!!!

Kristin L said...

ooh, what wonderful things could you be making with sparkly snowflakes?? And the blue piece is very intriguing. :-) I'll be waiting for the reveals.