January 29, 2013

struggling

to get going.... It always happens...after a big project is done, there is a bit of downtime needed to gather my thoughts, clean up, organize before I start on the next big thing. It's been a week. The studio is mostly cleaned up. The pictures looked at, posts written about the project. Previous, unfinished, neglected projects are unearthed. Household routine is begun anew....  and yet.... I cannot get started on the creative to do list. I have purposefully kept it fairly short and sweet, thinking it would make it easier to get back in... but so far no go.

What to do? What to do?

I have decided to concentrate on refilling my so called creativity tank. I am perusing the gazillion or so art magazines I have put aside for when I would have time to read them; reading my favorite artists blogs; trying out new slow cooker recipes; scrolling through online emags; trolling Pinterest and Instagram; updating my bio/resume/workshop descriptions AND reevaluating my self imposed artistic goals. Perhaps a few days of this navel gazing will push me over the edge and into actual creating. 

For now.... a deep breath.....ooommmmmm...... 

and just so I don't leave you without any of visual stimulation...
a bit of rainy windshield iPhone photography

5 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

Cool pic!

I'm sure you'll get back into the creative zone soon, though I'm surprised to see that playing in Photoshop isn't on your "what I might do to refill my tank" list.

Cindy said...

Oh I'm so with you at times! It is hard to get back into things. Usually a sunny day is what I need to get me rekindled. A very dreary day today and the creative energy just isn't there :(

BTW, if you come across a good slow cooker recipe. Would love to hear about it :)

Gerrie said...

I so related to this. I have no doubt about your ability to be soaring, soon!

Jeannie said...

I view this time like when a farmer leaves a field fallow. Letting the ground rest and gather nutrients so that it may produce a bumper crop. Enjoy perusing and looking for art sparks. You will know that excited "I must do this" feeling soon. xo

Kristin L said...

Navel gazing sounds like the perfect thing to do after so much intense work. I'm looking forward to hearing what you figure out.