September 16, 2015

a wedding present

I am starting work on a new home portrait this week. The best part of each and every home portrait to me is just how different each one is from the previous one. Not only are the homes different, the materials different, but even the reasons for the portrait are different. This one happens to be a wedding present. Newly married, newly home owners, embarking on a wonderful new life together... What could be better!

Here is the ephemera that I have been given to work with:
I printed out the scale version of the newlywed's castle
made a sketch. And I'm loving diamond grid window....
the pineapple wrapping paper references the diamond window grid nicely
I have some beautiful cards to work with also
and perhaps even the lace from the wedding gown...hhhmmmm....
Lot's of options. Now how to put them into a cohesive whole? Hopefully I'll have that figured out by the end of the week. Stay tuned!

No comments: