January 17, 2008

doodles

Things are still crazy-busy this week... But! To show that I have not let all creative activities flounder, here are my doodles ~It is actually the first time in a long while that I have doodled. I used to doodle all the time, especially when I was on the phone or in meetings. Now when I am on the phone I am multi-tasking, washing dishes or cleaning something usually. Well the other day despite looming deadlines, visitors and screaming children... I doodled! It felt really good, therapeutic even.. the next thing to squeeze in this week? journal quilt... that should be fun... the squeezing in that is...

3 comments:

jane dávila said...

I can totally see these doodles are quilting or stitching designs in your work. Cool!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Yes yes YES! I am so with you... in my college days I could tell how boring the class was by the margins of my books.... in good classes, the notes were long and thorough, the margins empty. In the truly tedious, the margins were filled with circles and cross hatches and dragons that grew from swirls and swoops, and the centers were empty!

I tried a cool thing recently that I found in an older book, Inspiration Odyssey: cut a skinny triangle from a photo in a magazine...maybe 8 inches long, at most 2-3 inches wide on the bottom. Glue it to a page, then doodle outwards using the slice of photo as your starting point... it was SO MUCH FUN! Like your doodles.....

Elin said...

tres cool.