December 28, 2008

Journals 2008

Here's the last journal of 2008 - 52{52]... and here's the journal series of December below.. I must admit I am rather pleased with the colors and textures of December. And for everyone who is here because Jeanne Williamson (thanks Jeanne!) mentioned my journals on her blog - here are all the journals of 2008. You can click on them to see larger, or click on journal quilts in the label search thingie on the side bar to see all my journal blog posts. My goals for the journals in 2008 were:

~ keeping the journal size small, 4"x4"
~ attempting to use more recycled material that is not strictly fabric
~ attempting to have more texture in every piece
~ using text
~ continuing to work in the abstract mode
~ trying to work in a small series every month

I think I succeeded in everything except for using the text part. I gave up text pretty early in the game, by April I was all out of words. What did I learn? Well.. basically that text in art is just not my game... and now moving on. The journal keeping was a great exercise, but like Jeanne, I will not be doing weekly journals in 2009. I made it through two years of weekly journals, I learned a lot about myself and my art making. I will be trying something different in 2009.. and that's a teaser... I'll talk about it in another post.

7 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

All your series are beautiful, Natalya. Congratulations on a very successful year of journal quilting! I'm so glad that Jeanne put a link up on her blog about your artwork; more people should see it! :)

Gerrie said...

An incredible achievement of beauty. I can't wait to find out what you plan for 2009.

Kristin L said...

They are lovely little jewels. I look forward to what you have in store for 2009. :-)

sukipoet said...

RE: December I esp love this last one. Nice to see them all together. Cant wait to hear about next year's project! Happy New Year, suki

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art work.

Norma Schlager said...

It's great to see them all together. I admire your tenacity for keeping up with it.

PaMdora said...

Great series and accomplishment! Interesting how the colors progress -- did you do this chronologically or rearrange them for the grouping?